First, open the Properties window from the Main menu.
Second, navigate to the Web and Email – Configuration node.
Third, fill in the required fields:
- Website path: If you have the web module installed, put in the URL in this box. It will be used to generate links when sending out emails to stakeholders.
- From address: The email address to use in the From field when sending emails
- Server: The SMTP mail server
- Port number: The port number to connect to on the mail server. Common ports are 25, 465, or 587
- Enable SSL: If the mail server requires a secure SSL connection, check this box
- User: The user name to authenticate to the mail server. This will usually be the same as the From address, or otherwise a user that has the privilige to send on behalf of the From address.
- Password: The password to authenticate to the mail server
- Test mail: After filling in all the information, you can use the Send test mail button to have the system send a test mail to verify that the information is correct